Monday, February 25, 2008

New Camera!

The wait is over; my Nikon D300 arrived today! With childlike glee, I took the camera for a spin, snapping shots of anything that moved (and some things that didn't). I'm pleased to say that it lives up to the hype, and it performs amazingly well in any level of lighting. Here are the shots.

Unpacking the camera. Minty fresh.


This was the first shot I took, featuring my brother Paul. It's become a sort of tradition that he winds up being the first thing I shoot with a new camera. This is an unedited shot, automatic at ISO 3200. Basically, the camera is awesome in poor lighting.


This is Chris Fader's cat, aka Mini Panther. Note the feral gaze. This shot was also taken at ISO 3200!


A few leaves still clinging to the branches, having survived winter. This was shot at the more reasonable ISO of 200, and I've touched it up a bit in photoshop. I was really pleased with the colours in this.


It's a sign! Again, ISO 200, and edited in photoshop to pull more out of the colours and add sharpening.


I shot this one in 14-bit RAW (a step up from the usual 12-bit RAW), but so far I haven't seen much of a difference moving up. I'm pleased there are different qualities for RAW in the camera, though. Also ISO 200.

So far, so good. I'm sure you'll be able to see a big improvement in the semi-weekly improv comedy shots. I can't wait for Wednesday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.